The Office of Economic Development
The Woodstock Office of Economic Development is tasked with recruiting and assisting developers and business owners to open and operate within the City of Woodstock, Georgia.
The office provides staff and administrative support to the Downtown Development Authority, Convention and Visitors Bureau and Main Street Woodstock Inc.
Please check out some of the links below or feel free to contact us using the information to the right. We look forward to working with you.
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
The Georgia SBDC Network provides low cost training and free consulting services including assistance with business plan development, market analysis and marketing strategies, financial analysis, compliance and legal issues, and preparation of loan submissions for individuals who want to start their own businesses or expand an existing one.
“Expertise for Entrepreneurs”
We make certain that the culmination of all our efforts is focusing on our clients: Georgia’s entrepreneurs. As the sophistication of the marketplace increases, we refine our target markets so that we are serving those whom we can best help. We create new products and services that are suited to the needs of our clients. We hire, train, and monitor the performance of individuals so that they have the skills, knowledge, and motivation to deliver products and services in the most effective manner.
“Help Georgia Businesses Grow”
We have a thorough understanding of clients’ business needs and an obvious caring and passion to help them succeed. We treat clients, fellow employees, and stakeholders with the respect that earns trust and builds mutual benefit. We celebrate our clients’ successes and measure their growth in order to exhibit the valuable impact the SBDC has on the national, state, and local economies.
“Public Service Faculty”
Through learning, discovery, and shared responsibility, we educate our clients how to become better business owners. We adhere to the professional tenets and operating principles of our university partners, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Association of Small Business Development Centers. We recognize that our numerous roles (citizen, employee, family member, etc.) are inter-related and that proper perspective is needed to achieve the various goals of each role.
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road, #3303
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Features of the Cherokee County Prospector
- Available Property Site Selection - review available commercial property within the County and Cities.
- Detailed Property Reports - ability to generate property reports for available properties.
- Dynamic Demographic Analysis - data includes demographics, consumer expenditures, and business/workforce data.
- Dynamic Business Reports – ability to generate user-defined business reports.
- Dynamic Mapping – ability to zoom in/out, pan and identify information on the map.
- Online Management System for Real Estate Professionals to List Properties –website users who are authorized real estate professionals marketing available commercial property will be able to add, delete and update information about their properties through a user-friendly web page or site using a login and password system.
- Custom Reports – CoED staff can generate reports based on requests that were filled or incomplete for target area analysis of buildings/sites.
- City and County Zoning Data with Mapping Layers –ability to identify both City, and County zoning classifications on the map.
- Business Park Mapping Layer –Business Park boundaries.