The City of Woodstock Parks and Recreation Department has temporarily closed the tennis and pickleball courts at Dupree Park for renovation.
Once the renovation of the Dupree Tennis & Pickleball Courts is complete in mid-April weather permitting, Woodstock Parks and Recreation will introduce the following programs:
- Discovering Pickleball - Basic instructional class for beginners
- Discovering Pickleball for Kids - Basic instructional class for youth beginners ages 8-17 years
- Discovering Tennis for Kids - Basic instructional class for youth beginners ages 8-17 years
- Adult Mixed Doubles Pickleball League - 8-week pickleball league for beginners
- Adult Mixed Doubles Pickleball League - 8-week pickleball league for intermediate/advanced players
- Adult Men's Doubles Pickleball League - 8-week pickleball league for intermediate/advanced players
- Adult Women's Doubles Pickleball League - 8-week pickleball league for intermediate/advanced players
- Open Play Pickleball - a designated time where players can meet and play (with a monitor present to moderate skill level and even participation)
- Pickleball Practice and Play +55 - A weekly reoccurring instructional class for players over the age of 55 years (with an instructor) “We are very excited about the renovation of the courts at Dupree Park,” said Woodstock Parks and Recreation Director Michael Huffstetler. “The project will provide dedicated courts for pickleball which has been a very popular program offered by the City of Woodstock and is in high demand. We are equally excited to have two dedicated tennis courts that will provide the community a place to play and not have to share with other sports. In addition to a great facility, there will be more opportunities to offer programs and leagues for both programs.” For more information about parks and programs offered by Woodstock Parks and Rec, go to woodstockparksandrec.com.