JANUARY 6, 2023: A commercial vehicle fire shut down Interstate 575 northbound in Woodstock on Friday morning. Woodstock Fire & Rescue responded to a 911 call about a semi-truck hauling a load of trash that caught fire near I-575 Exit 8. First responders extinguished the blaze and reopened the interstate in under 25 minutes.
- Woodstock Fire & Rescue received notification of the 911 call from Cherokee County Emergency 9-1-1 at 8:58 AM.
- By 9:03 AM, Woodstock Ladder Truck 14 and Engine 14 were set up across all northbound lanes effectively closing the roadway.
- By 9:05 AM, firefighters had separated the truck from its trailer and began extinguishing visible flames with hose lines.
- At approximately 9:20 AM, the truck was reconnected to its trailer and the commercial vehicle was relocated to Woodstock Parkway for firefighters to connect to a hydrant and finish extinguishing the smoldering fire utilizing Station 14’s ladder truck.
- Interstate 575 was reopened by 9:24 AM.