Division ResponsibilitiesThis division of Planning, Design and Sustainability in the Community Development Department is responsible for developing strategies for the City of Woodstock to minimize environmental impacts. These strategies include:
- Conduct energy audits of all city facilities
- Develop programs to reduce energy consumption citywide.
- Develop incentives for the local business community to participate in the partnership
- Develop incentives for developers to develop at a sustainable standard
- Develop incentives for builders to build at a sustainable standard
- Develop and promote programs for the community to participate in sustainable activities
- Pursue certification for the City of Woodstock in the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Green Communities Program