WOODSTOCK POLICE DEPARTMENT SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Public comments made on our social media pages are not official communications with the Woodstock Police Department.
While this is a Limited Public Forum, it’s also a family-friendly one, so please keep your comments and posts clean. Before posting on this page, please review these terms. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
- In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- Do not use this page to report a crime. To report a crime please dial 911.
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to subpoena.
Inappropriate Content: Any post that:
1. Defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens or violates the legal rights, of others,
2. Includes racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
3. Includes spam or advertisements,
4. Could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees, including personal attacks,
5. Are off-topic,
6. Have personal information about another person or that violates a person’s privacy,
7. Includes copyrighted material that belongs to another person,
8. Contains links to inappropriate websites.
9. Includes details or descriptive information about a critical incident that could inadvertently interfere with a case.
The Woodstock Police Department reserves the right to remove any violations.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Comments posted by others on the Woodstock Police Departments page are not to be considered the opinion of the Woodstock Police Department nor does the Woodstock Police Department endorse any third-party comments on this page.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
- The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Woodstock Police Department.
- The police department’s use of a “like” on this page does not mean we agree with your opinion, it is only an acknowledgment of the post.
- Woodstock Police maintains ownership and access to a social media networking profiles.
- Your postings will be retained and potentially disclosed.
Users who violate this policy may be banned from future commenting or blocked from the social site where the violation occurred. All comments posted are bound by the third party social media’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, e.g., facebook.com/legal/terms.