Donnie Henriques was the first to serve as a City Council Member for Ward 6 upon its creation in 1999. He served as a City Council Member from January 2000 through December 2003. Mayor Henriques was elected in 2005 to serve his first term as Mayor. He will begin his fourth consecutive term as Mayor on January 1, 2018 and serve through December 31, 2021.
His first love is the senior citizen community. He’s been a vital part of the growth of the William G. Long Senior Center by offering his time, compassion, and expertise.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL BIOGRAPHY
He and his wife, Dr. Jan Henriques have three children and three grandchildren. Mayor Henriques retired from Northside Hospital-Cherokee in Community Relations.
- BS degree in HRT / business management
- LSU of New Orleans 1979
- US Air Force
- 1970 to 1974
- Vietnam Veteran
- In January 2008 he received the Bronze Certificate in the National League of Cities Certificate of Achievement in Leadership Program.
- 10 years of hospitality management
- 20 years of sales / sales management
- Born in New Orleans, LA
- Moved to Georgia in 1990
- Moved to Woodstock in 1993
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMITTEES
- Kiwanis Past President
- Optimist Club of Towne Lake
- Served on Volunteer Aging Council for Seven Years
- Served as Member of the Cherokee County Planning Commission in 2004
- Member of the Cherokee County Board of Health
- Member of the National League of Cities
- Member of the Georgia Municipal Association
- Member of Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
- Proud Member of Post 316, Woodstock American Legion
- Member of the Transfiguration Catholic Church, Marietta
- Five-Year Member of CASA Board of Directors
- Serves as One of Two Mayors on the Area Six All Hazards Team (Area Six is all of West Central and NW Georgia)
- Served on Transportation Committee for the Georgia Municipal Association
- Served on Atlanta Regional Commission from 2012-2013